Every 15 seconds, someone is injured in a domestic violence incident.
Please join the Women’s Resource Center for a 15-hour walk from 4 p.m. to 7 a.m. April 24 at Razor Sharp Fitness, 7300 Washington Avenue.
From the event page:
“Every 15 seconds someone is being beaten in a domestic partnership. Join us for our 15 hour walk for change. Pick your time, Pick your pace, It doesn’t matter when you start or finish.”
The night is broken up into time zones to highlight how everyone in every facet of our community can help call more awareness to domestic violence and provide resources for victims:
– 4 – 6 p.m. Government Officials, Legal Professional & Media
– 6 – 8 p.m. Community & Allies
– 8 – 10 p.m. Teens, Colleges & Educators
– 10 p.m.- 12 a.m. Healthcare Providers
– 12 – 1 a.m. Candlelight Vigil
– 1 – 3 a.m. Men Against Violence
– 3 – 5 a.m. First Responders
– 5 – 7 a.m. Celebrate the Dawn of a New Day – Everyone
Registration is $15 per person, and teams are encouraged to participate.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/