Follow Us


An 18-year-old Racine man is being held in the Racine County Jail on a $100,000 cash bond after police say he sexually assaulted a young woman in the basement of his home.

Ryan Yuri Hawk was charged Wednesday in Racine County Circuit Court with three felony counts of second degree sexual assault and one count each of felony strangulation or suffocation and false imprisonment. If convicted, he faces up to 132 years in jail and/or up to $320,000 in fines.

According to the criminal complaint, Racine police were called to a home for a report of a sexual assault. When officers arrived, a 17-year-old girl told them she’d recently become friends with a boy later identified as Hawk. They communicated via text for a number of days and trying to set up a day they could “hang out.” Hawk eventually invited the girl over at 1 a.m. on day last week.

Police say they arranged to go to Hawk’s home on College Avenue and when they arrived, he asked the girl to open the latch on the gate because he couldn’t reach it. When the young woman reached for the latch, she said Hawk started choking her from behind. She tried to get her cell phone out, but she dropped it and they both fell to the ground. Hawk reportedly told the girl that if she didn’t yell, he wouldn’t hurt her.

Hawk took the young woman into the basement of the home, secured a stuffed rag in her mouth by wrapping duct tape around her head and taped her hands together behind her back. Hawk then forced her to lie face-down on the floor so he could sexually assault her, the complaint reads. He forced the young woman to perform oral sex on him as well.

Officers say that when the attack ended, Hawk dried the young woman’s wet pants in the drier and apologized repeatedly, saying he “wants to be a good guy and make it right.” The girl told police she was afraid Hawk would hurt her again or kill her so she agreed not to tell anyone what happened. But, when she got home, she immediately called 911.

Hawk remains in the Racine County Jail on a $100,000 cash bond. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Feb. 5.