A Caledonia woman was trimming tree branches when she got an electrical zap from a tree on her property, she said.
Cheryl Bergemann, 7209 Douglas Avenue, said she went to pick up a branch at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday, June 9, and put her hand on the tree when she felt a zap.
She is not injured. She was trimming the bottom branches because she couldn’t see around them when driving out of her driveway.
“It felt like a very strong static cling zap from clothes (coming out) fresh out of the dryer,” she said.
That’s when she thought the tree was on fire since the top branches were touching electrical power lines. Bergemann called 911. The Caledonia Fire Department came out.
But officials with the fire department said they didn’t find any fire. We Energies also came out and said they would be trimming her branches.