We’re hearing reports of power lines down, power outages, and wires sparking from several areas in eastern Racine County.
A number of power outages have been reported near North Fancher Road and Washington Avenue, Highway K and Highway V, State and Marquette street, Liberty and Mound street, Main and Hamilton streets, and North Memorial Drive near 6th Street. However, only about 370 We Energies customers have been affected by the power outages as of 1:21 p.m.
Updated We Energies power outage map.
Here’s what we’ve heard so far on the police scanner:
- The power is out at Interstate 94 and Highway 20, which includes the Racine County Sheriff’s substation, at about 12:27 p.m. Monday, June 22.
- A grass fire in a field was reported at 11817 Golf Road at about 12:30 p.m. Monday, June 22 after a power line came down. Firefighters from the Caledonia Fire Department are on scene. The fire is about 20 feet away from a home. We Energies is responding to the area. Golf Road at Highway V, and Northwestern Avenue and Golf Road are blocked off.
- A wire is down and on fire in the backyard of a residence at 1223 Summit Avenue, which happened at about 12:27 p.m.
- 2415 Geneva St., wires frayed and sparking at 12:40 p.m.
- Wires down at 12511 Golf Road at 12:48 p.m.
- Transformer sparking and power outages reported in the 500 block of Hubbard Street at 1:19 p.m.