With a field of 14 candidates for seven positions, some of the seats for the Racine Common Council will have a primary while other candidates will run unopposed.
Four people are vying for the 4th district seat and three people are running for the 6th district seat, which means both positions will be on the ballot for a primary election on Feb. 16.
The two candidates with the highest number of votes will then advance to the spring election. The seven positions up for the taking on the Racine Common Council in the spring election on April 5 include the even numbered seats. Ron Hart, who represents the 14th district, and Jim Kaplan, who represents the 4th district, are not running for re-election.
2nd District Alderman
- Mollie Jones (i), 1900 Franklin St.
- Robert L. Anderson, 1638 Main St.
4th District Alderman
- Jim Kaplan, (i), but not running for re-election
- Tracey Larrin, 1228 N. Wisconsin St.
- John Dunk, 210 Barker St.
- Edwin Santiago, 1244 LaSalle St.
- Daryl Carter Sr., 828 Jackson St.
6th District Alderman
- Sandy Weidner (i), 2310 Thor Ave.
- Jen Adamski-Torres, 2122 Carmel Ave.
- Jeffery Peterson, 1516 Westwood Circle
8th District Alderman
- Q.A. Shakoor II (i), 1516 W 6th St.
10th District Alderman
- Dennis Wiser (i)
12th District Alderman
- Henry Perez (i)
14th District Alderman
- Ronald Hart (i) (not running for re-election)
- Jason Meekma, 2839 Orchard St.
The Common Council positions pay $6,900 per year.