Racine Unified Superintendent Lolli Haws is asking interested community members to join the Superintendent’s Advisory Council to help improve education across the district.
The Council is finishing up its second year of work which has included:
- Efforts to support the 2014 referendum communication campaign.
- Involvement in the research, planning and preparation to launch the Academies of Racine at Case, Horlick and Park High Schools in fall 2016.
- Development of feature stories about RUSD alumni (featured recently in the Journal Times).
- Work with the Facilities Advisory Council to develop plans for construction of three new schools.
- Various projects to support family engagement including development of the first ever RUSD Family Empowerment Day (May 7).
The Superintendent Advisory Council currently meets the second Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m. at the Administrative Service Campus (3109 Mt. Pleasant St.). At each meeting, members discuss important topics and initiatives, provide feedback to the superintendent and work in subcommittees toward specific goals.
The Council currently has three subcommittees focusing on communication/marketing, family engagement and middle school transformation.
If you are interested in serving on the Superintendent Advisory Council, please complete a short form at http://news.rusd.org/