Follow Us

kitchen fireNo one was injured, but damage was done to a home following a kitchen fire at 4:40 p.m. Sunday at 4806 Parry Ave.

When the Caledonia Fire Department arrived at the home no one was inside. However, two cats were rescued. The fire took about 15 minutes to put out, said Battalion Chief Gene Roeder.

“It was a kitchen fire that was accidental,” Roeder said. “While we know it was a cooking fire, we don’t have a known exact cause.”

The estimated loss is $40,000 from the fire and smoke damage done to the structure and the contents inside the home.

Roeder said he knew the homeowners were not going to be able to stay in the house Saturday night, but he wasn’t sure if it was uninhabitable.


Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.