Follow us

Fireworks cause house fireCaused by improper use of fireworks, a house fire started at 8:43 p.m. Monday night at 1554 Packard Ave.

No one was injured during the fire, according to the Racine Fire Department.

After the inside rear entrance to the home started on fire, firefighters from the Racine Fire Department found smoke and flames coming from the back of the house. The crew on Engine 6 doused the fire quickly, searched for people and examined the home to make sure the fire hadn’t spread inside the home.

Racine Police, the Racine Fire Bells, We Energies and the American Red Cross also assisted the homeowners. Damage to the home is estimated at $3,000.

Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.