Follow Us

A family got out of their home safely Friday after a fire started in their south side home.

Racine firefighters were called at 7:30 p.m. to a home in the 1600 block of Orchard for a report of a fire in the kitchen. When crews arrived they found a small, working fire with smoke in the kitchen and extinguished it quickly.

A woman told them she saw fire coming from around the stove and got her family out while dialing 9-1-1.

No one was injured, and the family was allowed back in their home. Estimated damages come to about $4,000. The fire remains under investigation.