Follow Us

A Raymond man was charged after he crashed the car he was driving into another car, then offered a police officer drugs and tried to snort them in front of the Sturtevant Police officer

Kenny Ignasiak, 34, was charged by the Racine County District Attorney’s Office on Tuesday with possession of narcotic drugs, suspicion of drunk driving (3rd offense), possession of drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct and obstructing a police officer.

If convicted of all five counts, Ignasiak faces up to five years six months in prison and/or fined up to $19,500.

Ignasiak “Had A Very Grandiose Attitude,” Police Say

According to a criminal complaint, Sturtevant Police were called to a report of a hit and run crash at 4:22 p.m. Friday at the Mobile gas station, 8920 Durand Avenue. The report allegedly involved Ignasiak pulling out from the Farm and Fleet parking lot and almost crashing into another car. The driver of that car swerved into the other lane in order to not crash into Ignasiak. Angry and fearing for his 10-year-old daughter’s safety, the man followed Ignasiak to the Mobile gas station.

When confronted, Ignasiak swore at the man, got back into his car and intentionally backed into the man’s car. When the man called the police, Ignasiak returned and started arguing with the man as the police were talking to him. The officer called for backup and at first Ignasiak denied crashing into the man’s car. But when the officer asked him why he returned to the gas station, he said he came back to see how much damage was done to the man’s car.

The officer noted in his report that Ignasiak’s pupils were dilated. He appeared tense and was sweating. He also didn’t comprehend what he had done wrong and “had a very grandiose attitude.” Still, the officer didn’t notice the smell of alcohol on him. When the other officer arrived, he stayed with Ignasiak while the other officer spoke with the victim.

Police Stop Ignasiak From Snorting Narcotics

As they were talking, Ignasiak tried to snort a white powder that he had lined up on the sun glass compartment through a white plastic pen body from the roof of the car. One officer pulled out his taser and both of the officers ordered Ignasiak to stop or he would be tasered. He complied with the officers’ orders and they took him into custody. He said the substance was cocaine, but after police tested it they found that it was acetaminophen and oxycodone hydrochloride. The officer reported that Ignasiak asked him if he wanted some of his drugs.

Once arrested and in the squad car, Ignasiak became belligerent with the officer, refused to complete a sobriety test and started kicking the window.

“Kenny was mostly very agitated and he would scream at me and call me a (expletive) and a (expletive),” the officer wrote in the report. “Then he would become very sad for a short time and say he was sorry and he would stop using drugs.”

At one point, Ignasiak didn’t understand why he was being arrested and asked the officer: “Why? There’s no rules about driving around with cocaine.”

He then started kicking the window of the squad car and the Mount Pleasant Police Department brought over their transport van to take Ignasiak to the hospital for a blood draw. ¬†While getting his blood drawn, he continued to be uncooperative “with everyone he came in contact with,” according to the criminal complaint.

Cash Bond Set

Ignasiak, who is out on a $2,500 cash bond, also received a municipal citation for reckless driving.

A preliminary hearing has been set for 8:30 a.m. Dec. 8 in front of Racine County Court Commissioner Alice Rudebusch.

Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.