We are trying something new with this recording. At each item of business, there will be a time stamp which will identify where on the recording you may listen to said item. Merely move the playback to that time stamp to listen to that item. Some agenda items were taken out of order by Village President David DeGroot. The time stamps are correct.
Bookmark the following link to view a directory of all the videos.
Village of Mount Pleasant Board Meeting – May 8, 2017 6:30pm
Public Comment: 00:01:00 to 00:27:00
Numerous citizens spoke above many different subjects: Parking Violations, Trustee #5 appointment, Castlewood Restaurant Meetings with trustees and village employees, Mr. Dale Steiger offered to serve as Trustee, the dissolving of the Ad Hoc Assessment Committee and leaking of public records to affect the outcome of the last Mount Pleasant election.
- 00:29:30 Health Department Annual Report 2016
- (Item 1 & 2 were taken together) Health Department Community Health Assessment & Community Health Improvement Plan.
- 01:05:00 Consideration of recommendation of the Ad Hoc Committee to accept the “Report of Village Staff and Counsel to Ad Hoc Committee” regarding connection charges. A motion was made to accept the report and 2017 assessment charges and seconded. The vote was 6 to zero in favor.
- 01:24:00 Dissolving of the Ad Hoc Assessment Committee. President DeGroot sunset the Committee.
- 00:36:00 Discussion and possible action – appointment to Trustee seat #5. A motion to appoint John Kis again was made and seconded. Trustee Gary Feest indicated such a motion would be illegal. Attorney Alan Marcuvitz spoke to the trustees to use their best judgement. The motion failed due to a tie vote. Trustee Jon Hanson then made a motion to appoint Dale Steiger to Trustee Seat #5. Mr. Steiger had run for Trustee during the last election. During Public Comment, Mr. Steiger had offered to serve as Trustee. Gary Feest spoke to the entire issue. David DeGroot said the issue is simply that only he has the power to recommend appointments to a Trustee seat. Dale Steiger would not be his choice. Again the the vote failed due to a tie vote. No further action was taken.
Adjournment: 01:47:17 at 8:17 pm