Follow Us

No one was injured in a garage fire that happened Tuesday afternoon at 3201 Spruce Street.

Officials with the Racine Fire Department have not determined the cause of the fire, which was called in by the homeowner, Louis Angotti. He noticed the fire while working in the garage and called 911, according to a press release by the Racine Fire Department.

Fire officials attacked the fire quickly, but the garage is a total loss.

Angotti did not need help from the American Red Cross because he was able to stay with family.

Fire officials turned over the property to Angotti. The loss is estimated at $30,000.

Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for Patch.com, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.