Early Wednesday morning the South Shore Fire Department responded to a silo fire last week on Highway KR. The fire erupted from a corn dryer silo and was accidental, according to South Shore fire officials.
There were no injuries, and the extent of the damage wasn’t supplied. The fire was reported at 3:23 a.m. and emergency crews arrived at the scene shortly thereafter. Additional departments and resources were called upon to supply water as the area doesn’t have a municipal water system. The fire occurred at 12340 Highway KR, which is located in the Foxconn/Wisconn Valley area. The complex is owned by Borzynski Brothers Properties.
Multiple agencies responded to the fire, including the Caledonia, Somers, Kenosha, Union Grove-Yorkville, Raymond, Paris, Pleasant Prairie, Racine, Oak Creek, Kansasville and City of Burlington fire departments; the Racine Fire Bells Club; and We Energies.
Read the full story at The Journal Times.
Looking for a new job or trying to hire a new employee? Check out the Racine County Eye jobs board. And if you are looking for information about special events and deals from area businesses, check out the Buzz and Racine Guide.