United Way of Racine County will hold an informational session for their annual funding cycle on December 6 for local nonprofits. Any nonprofits planning on applying for funding from United Way in 2019 need to attend.
The organization invests millions of dollars each year partnering with high-performing nonprofits in Racine County. The nonprofits that are chosen have similar goals to those of United Way on improving the educated workforce.
United Way will expand its LIFT (Link and Inspire for Tomorrow) initiative to Julian Thomas Elementary for the 2019-20 school year.
How United Way helps
Eligible nonprofits that serve residents of Racine County are encouraged to apply for funding available for programs that align with United Way impact goals in five areas:
- Health: Racine County residents participate in quality physical and mental health practices.
- Education: Kindergarten readiness; Early-grade success; Middle-grade success; On-time high school graduation
- Financial Stability: Individuals and families achieve self-sufficiency to support future advancement.
- Basic needs: Programs that provide access to food, housing, and shelter, or serve seniors and those with disabilities.
- LIFT (New in 2019): There will be an additional request for proposal for programs that provide services and supports at two LIFT locations in Racine (Knapp and Julian Thomas elementary schools).
The information session will be held from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 6, 2018 at the SC Johnson iMET Center located at 2320 Renaissance Blvd. in Sturtevant. Registration is required and available ONLINE.
After attending the information session, organizations requesting funds must apply online. Local United Way volunteers review and evaluate each proposal based on the organization’s capacity to make an impact in Racine County.
Looking for a new opportunity? Check out our jobs board and employment page. LCS is currently looking for a direct support professional.
And if you are looking for a fur-ever friend, check out our pet page.
Pet of the Week: Jax is looking to be the star of the show in your home