If you’re a young person looking to start a career, job hunting can feel like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
All the jobs you’re applying to require experience that you don’t have, but you can’t get any experience because no one is willing to hire you because, you guessed it, you don’t have any experience. Breaking the cycle can feel like an impossible task—and that’s where temp work comes in.
There are many benefits of working for a temp agency, but the greatest is that it’s a great way for future employees to explore their options and gain valuable experience.
It’s important to note that there are a variety of agencies out there, some specializing in specific industries and others focusing on certain job types. While you’re choosing the right one for you, be sure to inquire about other agency factors like employee fees, training, and available benefits. There are plenty of advantages and disadvantages to this kind of work, both of which are important to note before making the commitment.
Take some time and consider some of the pros and cons of working for a temp agency:
- Gain exposure to different jobs
- Opportunity to network and establish connections within an industry
- A possibility of transitioning to full-time work
- Flexibility on when and where you go
- Increase your skills and exposure
- Temp jobs are resume-builders for those with little work experience
- Isolating due to the lack of a consistent circle of co-workers
- You may be treated as “less than” because you’re not full-time
- An unstable income source, since jobs come and go
- Most jobs don’t provide you with normal benefits like health insurance and PTO
- Lack of job security because the agency and their client control your schedule
It’s crucial that you take the time to evaluate your situation and see if temping would be a good fit. While short-term gigs are common among recent graduates, they’re also an excellent choice for those who want to experience different career options. The main benefit of working for a temp agency is that you have an opportunity to explore and try new things.
Take time to create your own list of pros and cons of working for a temp agency, and reach out to others who have worked temporary jobs as you decide if this is the right choice for you. Best of luck on your job hunt!
Check out more jobs board and this featured job: Production Technician
Need more ideas on how to skill up? Get up to speed on employment opportunities.
Best Motivational Quotes to Pump You Up Before Your Job Interview
Gateway Technical College to hold workshops for the Promise program
I am working for an agency as a temp for 6 months, I must say I’m enjoying my job.it was not good at first but became fine after some time I felt isolated. And I decided to inform my agency about my situation they sorted it out quickly and fast. We all good now. I recommend agencies.
Comments are closed.