Follow us

The Spring Election Fact Sheet will give you the basics for the April 2nd election.

What’s on the Ballot?
Voters will elect a Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice. Check out the fact sheet to learn why the Wisconsin Supreme Court is so important. Many Wisconsin voters will vote for circuit court judges, and for important local elections: school board members, mayor, city alderpersons, village board trustees, and city, village and clerks or clerk/treasurers. Voters in Assembly District 64 in parts of Kenosha and Racine counties will vote to nominate candidates for a special election on April 30 for a new Assembly Representative. See what’s on your ballot at the My Vote Wisconsin website.

Where do I vote?
The most reliable way to find your polling place is MyVote Wisconsin. Be sure to check, as polling places can change.

Am I registered to vote?
Find out at

If you are not registered, you may:
Register in person at your Municipal Clerks office, until 5 PM or close of business on the Friday before the Election. You must provide proof of residence. Register at your polling place on Election Day. You must provide proof of residence.

When and where can I vote absentee?
Thursday, March 28 is the last day for most voters to request an absentee ballot from their municipal clerk’s office. Friday, March 29 is the last day for voters who are indefinitely confined to their homes due to age, illness, disability or infirmity to request an absentee ballot. Many communities offer in-person absentee voting (also known as early voting) until the Friday before the Election. Call the municipal clerk for information about absentee voting/early voting.

Know Your Rights as a Voter with a Disability
All polling places must be accessible for people with disabilities, including an accessible route to enter the building. All polling places are required by law to have an accessible voting machine. If you need assistance marking your ballot, you may have someone assist you. (Note: You cannot receive assistance from your employer or from your union representative.) If you are unable to enter your voting location due to disability, you may request curbside voting. Contact your municipal clerk for information. Other reasonable accommodation can be requested. Speak to the chief inspector at your polling place or the municipal clerk.

Call the State of Wisconsin Elections Commission Toll-Free: (866) VOTE-WIS
For help with disability-related voting questions or help filing a complaint, call Disability Rights Wisconsin Voter Hotline: (844) DIS-VOTE / (844) 347-8683
For additional information, see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Looking for a job? Check out these jobs on the Racine County Eye jobs board and if you are looking for help in landing it, we’ve got a few tips and tricks. Check out these stories on our employment page.

Read more of our articles:

Illinois man charged with attempted homicide in October shooting

Veteran Randall Jacob Hempel dies at 65