Follow Us

By Bill Houston

Racine, WI — No injuries were reported after the Racine Fire Department responded to an early morning house fire, 3511 19th St., Sunday, Nov. 10.

When firefighters arrived on the scene just before 3:30 a.m. they saw flames coming from a roof vent on the north side of the single-story rental property.

They were able to enter the building and rescue two adult male occupants.

“When we showed up there were two people inside who were still sleeping,” said Lt. John Magnus of the Racine Fire Department. “We were able to wake them up and get them both out of there.”

According to the incident report, the blaze originated as an electrical fire between the ceiling and roof, just above the doorway to the main bedroom.

Damages to the property, owned by Lakeside Investments, LLC, 10282 Hawgback Ln., Dubuque, IA, are estimated at $90,000.

The Red Cross will be providing assistance to Nantu Roy and the other male tenant who Magnus said wished to remain anonymous.

The Racine Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Racine Police Department and We Energies.