Follow Us

RACINE – The Racine Fire Department early Thursday responded to a second incident this week of an individual who received serious burns caused by smoking while on oxygen.

Firefighters were called to 512 8th Street about 2 a.m. A male, who had been smoking in bed, extinguished the fire himself before calling 911. He was taken by ambulance to Ascension-All Saints Hospital for treatment of self-inflicted burns to the face. No one else was injured and there was no other damage to the home.

Fire officials warn that smoking around oxygen is extremely dangerous.

Paul Holley is retired from careers in journalism, public relations and marketing but not from life. These days, he pretty much writes about what he feels like writing. You may contact him directly at:...