Due to significant lakefront erosion, the Lake Michigan Pathway was deemed unsafe by the City of Racine Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services.
However, the bike/walking path segment behind the Racine Zoo between Goold St and Augusta St is now open. After FEMA reviewed the damage, the pathway was under construction. Their portion of the work is now complete. At this time, there is a safety fence installed on the path.
Likewise, the Lake Michigan Pathway design and construction documents are under development. Additional repairs are to follow based on receiving emergency permits.
Tentative Repair Schedule
- Path repair and protection work to begin December 2021
- Final touch ups and landscaping to take place March/April 2022
- Completed path expected to be open May 2022
Like this story? Become a Racine County Eye subscriber. Contact Emma Widmar (firstname.lastname@example.org) with additional needs.
- Money minded: investing as a beginner to increase your financial literacyDo you want to learn how to invest? You don’t need to be a financial […]
- Jamestown Lights expand, holiday light shows run through Jan. 1CALEDONIA — It’s that time of year when the Jamestown Lights shine bright and dance […]
- Team Liamani partners with Rapcine to encourage donations for Santa Does ExistRacine’s very own singing star, Liamani Segura, is working to ensure that this holiday season […]
- Dr. King Humanitarian Award nominations due Dec. 9 at GTCRACINE AND KENOSHA – Gateway Technical College (GTC) is now accepting nominations for the 2023 […]
- BONK! gets festive with C. Kubasta, Nicholas Michael Ravnikar, Vayl Luella Larkin Dec. 10This December’s BONK! event will be held on Saturday, Dec. 10, from 6 p.m. to […]
- The Veteran Market at VOW seeks donations for Christmas boxes for veterans through Dec. 19The Veteran Market at Veterans Outreach of Wisconsin is working to ensure that veterans have […]
- Union Grove High School District Earns Spectrum Award for Merit in School CommunicationsThe Wisconsin School Public Relations Association (WSPRA) has awarded Union Grove Union High School District […]
- DHS: COVID-19 treatment drug Bebtelovimab no longer authorizedMADISON — Bebtelovimab, a monoclonal antibody treatment, formerly used to treat COVID-19, is no longer […]