RACINE – A free drop-in playground program for kids ages 7-14 is being hosted by The City of Racine Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services (PRCS) at a number of city neighborhood parks. Beginning June 20, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday, leaders will provide organized recreational activities at the following parks:
- Greencrest Park, 3234 Drexel Ave.
- Matson Park, 1110 South St.
- Hantschel Park, 5400 Byrd Ave.
- Solbraa Park, 3825 16th St.
- Bryant Community Center, 601 21st St.
- Tyler-Domer Community Center, 2301 12th St.
- Additional Locations TBD
Drop-in Playground Program
During the drop-in playground program hours, each playground site will be supervised by two college student leaders, who have been trained in facilitating safe and diverse programs.
Leaders will be providing organized recreational activities including:
- Weekly themed special events
- Field Trips
- Inter-park sports competitions
It is vitally important to note that the drop-in program is not a childcare program, and there is no system to monitor when, or with whom, children arrive or leave.