The 2022 Memorial Day Remembering Together Ceremony will be held at 11 a.m. at the Southern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 21731 Spring St., in Union Grove. The Southern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery (SWVMC) serves as a final resting spot for veterans, spouses and dependents, and creates a lasting memorial to their achievements and sacrifices. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Memorial Day Remembering Together participants:
- American Legion Post 171
- AMVETS Post 911 & Auxiliary
- Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of America, Students and Volunteers
- Commemorative Air Force
- Kansasville Fire & Rescue
- Memorial Day Program Planning Committee
- Milwaukee American Legion Band
- Piggly Wiggly of Union Grove
- Zeigler Subaru of Kenosha
- Racine County Sheriff’s Department
- Representatives of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Subway of Union Grove
- Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 767
- Wisconsin Independent Pipers
- Veterans Outreach of Wisconsin
- Marine Corps League Post 346
- All-Star Rental
- Pat’s Services, Inc.
- Journey Disaster Response Team
- Racine Area Veterans, Inc. (RAVI)
- Fox Services, LLC
- Harris Golf Cars
- Scales Pro Audio
Prior to the event, the cemetery is looking for volunteers to place flags on graves. The “Flags In” date is set for May 28 at 7:30 a.m. with a kickoff at 8 a.m. at the cemetery’s main administration building, 21731 Spring St., in Union Grove. “Flags In” is expected to wrap up around 9:30 a.m.
If you are interested in volunteering, please note that flag pokers are limited. Bring your own tools if able. Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main office at 262-878-5660.
Memorial Day Weekend in Racine County
The Racine Roundup aired on TMJ4 during the 4 O’Clock news on Thursday, June 1. This week, Racine County Eye reporter Emma Widmar discussed various…
The Racine Roundup aired on TMJ4 during the 4 O’Clock news on Thursday, May 25. This week, Racine County Eye editor Loren Lamoreaux discussed various…
AAA’s 2023 Memorial Day travel forecast predicts Wisconsinites will embark on journeys in near record-breaking numbers this Memorial Day weekend. The forecast indicates that over…
Memorial Day weekend is about more than a backyard barbecue and a long weekend off of work. The holiday, which is observed on May 29…
The Racine County Eye, which includes the Kenosha Lens, has a great celebrations section to keep you updated on community-wide events and other festivities. Subscribe today to stay up-to-date with local news.