Journalism is in a tough spot right now. But it doesn’t have to be. Racine County Eye is dedicated to serving our community by delivering accurate and useful news. And we need you to become a supporting member of the Racine County Eye.
Becoming a supporting member and agreeing to an automated monthly credit card charge of $5, $10 or $20 eliminates the need for us to spend money to repeatedly soliciting your renewal of support. You can, of course, cancel at any time.
So what makes us different?
1. We’re journalists with many years of experience and training. This is our living and our passion.
2. We are not in the business of exploiting stories. We seek to inform and we focus on solutions-based journalism. That means we ask: How is this story helping our community?
3. We are working on a 4-month long investigative journalism project about barriers to employment that will help the community understand the employment market, help people navigate it better, and understand what challenges people and businesses face.
4. As trained journalists, we adhere to the best practices of the Society for Professional Journalism Code of Ethics.
5. Your support will pay for journalism, not printing presses or paper.
AND… our members get access to three events a year that include music, beverages, and fun conversation. We’ll also be hosting several NewsUp Racine County events that are topic driven.
Keep in mind that we value every reader and supporting member. So if you can’t swing it financially, no worries. We want to keep the news website free to use, but we also want to hire more trained journalists.
So… are you in? Click on the graphic below.