The even numbered seats will be on the ballot, which are currently held by:
- Mollie Jones, 2nd District Alderman
- Jim Kaplan, 4th District Alderman,
- Sandy Weidner, 6th District Alderman
- Q.A. Shakoor, 8th District Alderman
- Dennis Wiser, 10th District Alderman
- Henry Perez, 12th District Alderman
- Ronald Hart, 14th District Alderman
All of the incumbents, except Jones, Kaplan and Wiser returned their campaign registration papers. Political newcomer Jen Adamski-Torres also returned her campaign registration papers. The filing deadline to return the campaign registration papers is 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 5 to file them.
The Common Council positions pay $6,900 per year.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/