Mount Pleasant police are asking for the public’s help identifying the woman in the photos attached to this story. She is accused of stealing $800 worth of merchandise from Kohl’s on Jan. 17.
- On 01/18/2014 at 3:35 pm (14-1514) a witness at Panera Bread, 5630 Washington Ave., had observed a suspect sitting at a table adjacent to another table where an unidentified victim had left her coat hanging on the chair. while she used the rest room. The witness said the suspect took that opportunity to reach into the victim’s coat pocket in an attempt to take her wallet. No property was taken and this was an attempted theft case. The suspect can be described as
–30-40 yrs old
–Khaki pants, tan jacket
–Suspect left in a Black Pontiac Bonneville with IL plates
This case is active. There have been other recent thefts at this Panera Bread which were possibly committed by the same suspect.
- On 01/17/2014 a white or Hispanic female 5 ‘4” to 5’6” tall and 200-230 lbs took over $800.00 worth of clothing items from Kohl’s Department Store. Upon exiting the store she entered a black Buick Rendezvous (Partial Plate of 402). This case is active as investigators follow-up on leads.
- On 01/19/2014 at 12:10 pm (14-1606) Matthew Rios, 28, of Racine, was arrested and later charged for shoplifting at Kohl’s Department Store and obstructing officer. Officers caught Rios after a foot chase. He was transported to the Racine County Jail and held on these charges.
- On 01/18/2014 at 1:47 pm (14-1503) Adelina Garcia, 27, of Burlington, was arrested for shoplifting from Kohl’s Department Store. She was released after receiving a $313.00 municipal citation for Retail Theft.
OPERATING WHILE INTOXICATED (OWI)
- On 01/18/2014 at 2:39 am (14-1473) a vehicle driven by Craig Trott, 24, of Mount Pleasant, was pulled over for deviating from his traffic lane. As a result of this investigation, Trott was arrested for OWI 1st and Deviating from designated lane $124.00.
- On 01/19/2014 at 2:49 am (14-1585) Sarah M. Pike, 26, of Kenosha, was arrested for OWI ($874.00) and having no insurance ($218.50) after being stopped near Taylor Ave and Meachem Rd.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/