The Racine County Eye turned six years old this week. I can’t believe how far we’ve come. We’ve grown the site from having no audience to having more than 50,000 people visit the news website every month. But I also know that we could do a lot more and the only thing holding us back is having more financial support through advertising and subscriptions.
What’s it like? I can tell you that owning a news website is the hardest and yet most rewarding experience I’ve ever had. But I need your help to grow to meet our mission.
Why should you help?
The Racine County Eye news website is in a better position than other media, which are saddled with debt and have significant overhead costs. In comparison, it costs a lot less to run a news website than a newspaper. So buying a subscription to us or buying an ad helps us do more journalism.
Still, our costs have increased significantly, but we remain committed to helping the community. Here are a few examples of what we’ve accomplished over the last few years:
- Covered the health issues of neighbors living around the We Energies Oak Creek Power Plant.
- Took a solutions-based approach to employment by starting Help Wanted, a podcast about employment.
- Started a nonprofit page to help them get more exposure for their events, projects, and mission.
What’s in the works
- More investigative journalism
- Business spotlights
- Sports information about area teams
- eSports coverage for high school teams
But we can’t do this work without you. We have a goal of raising $5,000 by the end of the month. Every dollar will help us accomplish that mission. Please consider subscribing today: