Congratulations, area residents. You did it again! Your generous donations totaled 353 winter clothing items, including coats, sweaters, gloves and hats, to “The Big Bundle Up” campaign conducted by Real Racine and the Wisconsin Department of Tourism.
The 2014-15 campaign, held from Nov. 24 through Jan. 4, collected warm clothing for local charities. The Real Racine Visitor Center, Downtown Racine Corp., Greater Union Grove Area Chamber of Commerce, Waterford Area Chamber of Commerce, Victory Lane Full Service Car Wash and the office of Chelsea Guzzo, DDS served as donation sites.
Winter wear received in the Racine County drive went to:
• Homeless Assistance Leadership Organization (HALO), providing food, clothing, shelter and services to homeless individuals and families in Racine County.
• The Salvation Army of Racine
• Thread by Thread, a clothing ministry of Bethania Lutheran Church, Racine
• Burlington Transitional Living Center, an agency that provides temporary assistance to people in need of shelter and living essentials.
• Women’s Resource Center of Racine, an organization that provides crisis intervention, shelter and services to victims of domestic abuse.
• Union Grove Food Bank.
In its fourth year, “The Big Bundle Up” collected nearly 17,000 winter clothing items that were donated to charities throughout Wisconsin. The statewide campaign has collected more than 49,300 items since 2011.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/