Bob’s Discount Furniture, 5820 Durand Ave., will open its doors at 9:45 a.m. on Thursday.
The retailer sells living room, bedroom, dining room, and office furniture. It also sells home accents. The stores also has a cafe in each store with free gourmet coffee, ice cream, cookies and candy.
Once the ribbon has been cut to open the store, the Bob’s Outreach team will hand over a $2,500 check to Janes Elementary School principal Dr. Evelyn Resto and a check to SAFE Haven for its Pajama Program. In total the company plans to donate $10,000 to different organizations.
Green Bay Packers alumni players Antonio Freeman and Chris Jacke will also make an appearance from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday at the store. Five prize packs that include four tickets to a single game with a food and beverage pass will also be given away. Those who win the prizes will be able to watch the game from a climate controlled interior space.
Here is the schedule:
- Ribbon cutting ceremony on February 16 at 9:45 a.m.
- WRIT/WMIL street team appearance on Saturday February 18 from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Green Bay Packers alumni Antonio Freeman and Chris Jacke appearance Sunday February 19 from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.*
- Family fun entertainment Saturday February 18 – Monday February 20 from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Free giveaways – T-Shirts, Ice Scrapers, and more throughout the long weekend
*Green Bay Packers alumni appearance and time are subject to change