About 40 outages have been reported and 2,640 customers were affected, according to We Energies.
The National Weather Service issued a thunderstorm warning until 8:30 p.m. and winds h ave gusted up to 66 mph.
According to We Energies:
“Strong thunderstorms and winds are causing many power outages in the Fox Valley and Southeast Wisconsin. We are working to make areas safe and restore your power as quickly and as safely as possible.”
Here’s what we’ve heard so far on the scanner:
- 5300 block of Taylor – wires down, tree down and on fire.
- Spring St. and Emmertsen — lights are out
- 3800 block of Daisy Lane – tree down blocking the street
- 2230 Northewestern — tree blocking the road
- 1400 block of Thurston — tree blocking the road
- Drexel and Delaware – tree down
- 900 Block of South Green Bay tree down blocking the street
- 3000 block of Hickory Road — tree down
- 8832 N. Raynor Road — Tree down
- Tree struck a car at MLK Drive and Albert St.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/