Nine entrepreneurs from Racine and Kenosha counties will compete for seed grant money after they took a 12-week business mentoring program from the Launch Box Accelerator through Gateway Technical College.
The goal: Help the entrepreneurs start or grow their business.
The men and women developed their four-minute pitches as part of the program. Now they will present them to a panel of judges Tuesday at the SC Johnson integrated Manufacturing and Engineering Technology Center, 2320 Renaissance Blvd. The winner will receive $5,000. The person taking second place will take home $4,000 and the third place person will get $3,000. The other participants will receive $2,500.
The project is funded through a grant from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation. Each entrepreneur worked on different aspects of their business, including their revenue model, customer surveys, prototypes, and profitability. By working with Launch Box, they entrepreneurs also had access to the Fab Lab, and connected with area entrepreneurs.
The businesses competing are:
- Big Sky Design, Kelly Kruse, Kenosha
- B’ssert, LLC, Rochelle Schmidt, Kenosha
- CAH Promotions, Chad Hensiak, Burlington
- Covered Care, Donisha Nesbitt, Sturtevant
- Lifebook Builder, LLC, Miranda Rochol, Racine
- Liquid Code Studios, Douglas Beeson, Union Grove
- Medscrub Inc., Anthony Talamonti, Kenosha
- Taste David’s Kitchen, David Shabazz, Racine
- Wee Tinkers, LaTonya Sims, Racine