Winter is still lingering around southeastern Wisconsin, which means people are still using those space heaters to keep warm. Because those gadgets can cause fires if not used properly, battalion chief Dale Roszina at the Caledonia Fire Department wanted to give Racine County Eye readers some tips on how to use them so they don’t become a fire hazard.

Editor’s Note: This is the first of a series of public service announcements we’ll be doing to partner with the community on key issues facing our community. If you’ve got an idea for a safety tip, email us at RacineCountyEye@gmail.com.

Love what we do?

In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/

Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for Patch.com, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.