… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Caledonia is in the middle of trying to hire a new village administrator to replace Mark Janiuk, who is now the village administrator, and they have five candidates vying for the job, said Bob Bradley, village president.
Janiuk will retired on April 30, 2015 after being with the village for two years. Citing health issues as the reason for the decision, Janiuk
The village expects to have the hiring decision made by the end of February.
“Right now we have five candidates and they are solid ones, but no decisions have been made yet.”
Bradley said the village board hopes to hire someone with as much experience as they can since the village is in the middle of several large projects including: the TIF district, bringing sewer and water into the village, and the decisions about whether the village should look at forming its own school district.
“We’re hoping to fill the job soon,” Bradley said. “We feel it’s going to be important for the candidate to have some time with Mark.”
Here are the list of candidates the village has interviewed.
• Jac Zader, of Mequon, is the assistant director of community development for the city of Mequon.
• Scott Feldt, of Janesville, works for the office of the State Treasurer, in Madison.
• Tom Christensen, of Caledonia, serves as the communications director for the Racine County Joint Dispatch Center.
• James Zdroik, of Milwaukee, is the manufacturing manager for Nelson Container, a company based in Germantown.
• Dana Schoening, of Lawton, OK, is the director of community development for the city of Duncan, OK.