PLEASE NOTE: Nonprofits, churches, schools, and civic organizations may submit up to two events per month for free to our community calendar. Please allow two business days for us to publish the event so that we can review it before publishing.
Commercial businesses are not permitted to submit events for free. To purchase event credits, click here.
Hands that Heal Community Training
March 26 @ 8:00 AM - April 26 @ 12:30 PM
March 26 and April 26 from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST
This training is designed for any community member who wants to understand what human trafficking is and how to become an informed, action-based ally in the fight to end human trafficking. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of what human trafficking looks like locally and nationally
- Gain an understanding of appropriate victim-centered language to use when discussing human trafficking
- Gain an understanding of the process of human trafficking; vulnerability, recruitment, grooming, and exploitation.
- Gain an understanding of the business model of human trafficking
- Gain an understanding of the relationship between prostitution and sex trafficking
- Gain an understanding of societal influences on sex trafficking
- Identify action steps to put into practice and learn how to report a human trafficking situation
About the Hands that Heal (HTH)HTH International Curriculum to Train Caregivers of Trafficking Survivors provides a comprehensive approach to serving victims of trafficking and educating caregivers so that they may appropriately and effectively provide care and support. HTH is being used by secular and faith-based universities, churches, and community groups to inspire people to engage in the battle against human trafficking and to train people on how to provide transformational care to survivors of human trafficking.
Please note that this training has been designed specifically for community members (educators, parents, first responders, state representatives, citizens) who would like to gain a greater understanding of human trafficking. This training is not the comprehensive three-day training that is recommended for professionals working directly with human trafficking victims and survivors.
To reserve your free spot, please email me back directly with your name and preferred email address. I will email the Zoom link, handouts, and day-of logistic details prior to the training date.
To RSVP for additional tickets, please click here.