PLEASE NOTE: Nonprofits, churches, schools, and civic organizations may submit up to two events per month for free to our community calendar. Please allow two business days for us to publish the event so that we can review it before publishing.
Commercial businesses are not permitted to submit events for free. To purchase event credits, click here.
Traveling Yoga in the Park
May 1 @ 9:00 AM - May 30 @ 10:00 AM
Kenosha County Parks will offer a free Traveling Yoga in the Park series on weekends this season.
Classes will be held from 9 to 10 a.m. each Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting, during the months of May through September at various Kenosha County Parks.
This program is sponsored by certified yoga instructor Stephen M. Willis, a retired Army Medic and Master Fitness Trainer who holds a national certification through the Yoga Alliance and teaches at several local studios.
“We’re excited offer the series again this year, to get people out to our parks and to provide a safe, socially distanced activity,” said Kenosha County Parks Director Matthew Collins.
Individual sessions will be capped at 30 participants to allow for social distancing. Advance registration is encouraged at http://bit.ly/KCTravelingYoga2021. The schedule of sessions for the month of May includes:
- Saturday, May 1: Kenosha County Veterans Memorial Park by the lake
- Sunday, May 2: Petrifying Springs Park, Area #3
- Saturday, May 8: Old Settlers Park by the lake
- Sunday, May 9: Brighton Dale Park, Area #1
- Saturday, May 15: Fox River Park, Area #1
- Sunday, May 16: Kemper Center soccer field
- Saturday, May 22: Kenosha County Center at highways 45 and 50
- Sunday, May 23: Silver Lake Park Beach
- Saturday, May 29: Bristol Woods Park by Pringle Nature Center
- Sunday, May 30: Petrifying Springs Park, Area #3
For questions related to the summer series, please contact Kenosha County Parks at 262-857-1869 or visit www.facebook.com/kenoshacountyparks.