Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.
We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.
- 298 violent crimes, the lowest since 1965
- One homicide, the lowest since 1984
- 18 rapes, but a note on the stats indicates that federal reporting rules changed in 2013 to allow for a broader definition so those numbers are expected to rise
- 179 robberies, lowest since 1978
- 100 aggravated assault, lowest in 10 years
- 1,211 burglaries, up from 2012 when there were 1,101 which was an 11 percent reduction from 1,239 in 2011
- 95 auto thefts, down from 130 in 2012
- 9 cases of arson, down from 25 in 2012
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/