… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Public Hearing Notice
Notice is hereby given that the Village of Caledonia Plan Commission will hold a continued public hearing at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 28 2019, in the Caledonia Village Hall, 5043 Chester Lane, Racine, on the requests set forth below. This location is handicap accessible. If you have other special needs, contact the Village of Caledonia Clerk at 262-835-4451.
Parkview Commons LLC, Owner
2677 Orrington Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
Alf McConnell, Applicant
This continued public hearing is on the following: Request to rezone ±15.2 acres from R-3 Suburban Residential District (Sewered) and R-4 Urban Residential District I to R-7 Multifamily Residential District/PUD Planned Unit Development Overlay District and request a conditional use to construct a three-story senior apartment building (Phase I) including conceptual approval for additional future phases (three additional three-story senior apartment buildings and eight two-unit buildings); SW ¼ of Sec. 20, T4N, R23E, vacant parcel directly north of the existing Parkview Campus, Village of Caledonia, Racine County, WI. Applicant is subject to Art. VI. Div. 11 R-7 Multifamily Residential District (Proposed); Art. VI. Div. 39 PUD Planned Unit Development Overlay District (Proposed) and Sec. 20-1337 Residential uses, Chap 20, Zoning, Racine County Code of Ordinances, as applicable to the Village of Caledonia.
The public hearing on these matters are continued public hearings from March 25, 2019 and April 29, 2019, for the purpose of receiving additional information that was requested by the Plan Commission on that same dates and such public hearing will be limited to the presentation of information on the following:
- The impacts of lights on and in the proposed Parkview IV;
- The impacts of increased traffic caused by the proposed Parkview IV, future buildings, and the current Parkview Campus;
- The impact of the landscape buffer and potential berms on adjacent property owners along 4 ½ Mile Road;
- The impacts on property values of the adjacent property owners;
- The impacts of drainage associated with the proposed Parkview IV and future buildings;
- A potential shared access point between the Parkview Campus, Parkview IV, and adjacent property owners located on Douglas Avenue;
- Future plans with treeline currently located on the north of the current Parkview Campus; and
- Providing a 3D drawing or drawings that illustrates the natural lighting (sunlight) impacts on adjacent property owners along 4 ½ Mile Road by the proposed Parkview IV building.
Any persons, including the applicant, may present information to the Plan Commission but it shall be limited to the topics identified above. However, in addition to providing input on the additional information sought above, Village Staff may present memoranda, including summarizing the information received and providing draft conditions related to all matters presented and considered at both public hearings. To be considered by the Plan Commission, all information should be submitted at or before the public hearing. The above petition is on file at Racine County Development Services, 14200 Washington Ave, Sturtevant. The files are open to public view, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mon. through Fri.