Racine police say a man who was trying to sell his PlayStation system using Craigslist was instead the victim of an armed robbery.
Officers were called March 6 to the intersection of Charles Street and Romayne Avenue for a report of an armed robbery, according to the Racine Police Department. The man told police he placed an ad on Craigslist to sell his PlayStation video gaming system and arranged to meet a buyer.
When the suspect tried to barter with the man over the price of the PlayStation, the victim counter-offered. In response, the suspect pulled a gun and robbed the man of the game console and all the cash he was carrying before getting back into his vehicle and driving away.
The man described the suspect for police:
- Black male, between the ages of 22-25
- Weighing approximately 160-170 lbs
- Between 5’8 and 5’10 tall
- Brown eyes, with a black do-rag on his head
- A “patchy” beard and “bad teeth”
- Wearing a brown Carhartt jacket, blue jeans and black shoes.
- Vehicle was described as a gold, two-door Pontiac Grand Prix
Another man, also black, was seen in the car but can only be described as heavier than the suspect.
Anyone with information can leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at 1-888-636-9330, email: http://racine.crimestoppersweb.com, or text message: RACS to 274637(crimes).