The man was charged by the Racine County District Attorney’s Office Thursday with four counts of first degree sexual assault of a child. If convicted of all charges, the man faces up to 265 years in prison. His name is not being used to protect the identity of the child.
The man is being held on a $100,000 cash bond.
According to the criminal complaint, Racine Police Department investigators received a referral from the Racine County Human Services Department after a 12-year-old girl wrote in a journal during a writing exercise that she had been raped by her mother’s boyfriend.
The girl wrote that she didn’t initially tell her mom about what happened, but she told some friends. Once the girl’s mother found out what had happened, “everything is okay now,” she wrote. When police interviewed the girl, she told investigators that the man sexually assaulted her four times. At the time of incidents, the girl was 11-years-old.
A preliminary hearing has been set for 8:30 a.m. July 29 in front of Racine County Court Commissioner Alice Rudebusch.