Donate to our local news fund, help a nonprofit

We’re on a mission in 2022 to work on a year-long series about housing in Racine County and we need your help to fund it. For every $250 in donations that we receive, we’ll give a nonprofit one free month in advertising.

A fire in an upstairs wall damaged a home at 1202 Deane Blvd. in Racine on Saturday.

The Racine Fire Department responded about 9:20 p.m. to a report of smoke in the home’s upstairs. The residents had safely evacuated before firefighters arrived. The fire was contained to a wall area on the second floor. Further, no one was injured.

The RFD reminds residents to regularly test smoke detectors and have the devices installed on every level of a home.

READ MORE: What To Do After a House Fire


Rating: 5 out of 5.
$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.