… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Looking for a responsible custodian to maintain and protect the facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning, and tidying the premises.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Clean and maintain heavy traffic areas.
- Wash and sanitize toilets and sinks / restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises by sweeping entrances and removing debris from parking lot.
- Maintain walk-in coolers cleanliness and order.
- Clean and maintain kitchen and cooking equipment
- Occasional Deep Cleaning
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (fixing door handles, minor leaks, change lightbulbs, etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows, and setting up the alarm
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
- Ensure dining room, Carry-out window and other customer areas are in good cleanliness and order.
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Familiarity with basic handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
- A high school diploma is preferred but not required
- Ability to move equipment for cleaning.
[empowerlocal_campaign_offers region_id="22" subcampaign_id="8"]