Submitted by the Mount Pleasant Police Department
- On 1-31-2014 at 5:23 pm (14-2730) DEVON MASIK, 23 from Racine, was arrested for shoplifting at Kohl’s Department Store. He received a $313.00 municipal citation for Retail Theft before he was released.
HIT & RUNS
- On 2/01/2014 at 8:00 am (14-2781) there was a report of hit-and-run crash at S. Memorial Dr and Winthrop Ave. A blue pick-up truck collided with a fire hydrant and came to a stop. The operator left the scene prior to police arrival. Several hours later the operator, DANIEL MIKA, 53 from Pleasant Prairie, called because he was looking for his truck. Upon meeting with officers he was issued a $313.00 citation for failure to notify police of an accident, $187.00 citation for hit-and-run property adjacent to highway, and $136.60 citation for Driving too fast for conditions.
- On 2/6/2014 at 4:45 pm (14-3307) an officer responded to the area of Durand Ave and Carpenter Ave for a report that a dog was struck by a vehicle however the vehicle fled the scene. The driver and vehicle were not identified. Upon arrival the officer discovered that the dog had died as a result of its injuries. The humane society was contacted. They determined who the owner of the dog was. The dog lived in the 2700 block of Carpenter Ave in the City of Racine. The owner believed that the dog pulled away from his young kids when it was on a leash prior to the accident. The dog was a pit bull mix and had a strong build. This case was referred to the Racine Police Department to check on the welfare of other animals at the owner’s residence.
OPERATING WHILE INTOXICATED (OWI)
- On 2/6/2014 at 2:16 am (14-3275) ROBERT MCFARLAND, 25 from Racine, received an $874.00 municipal citation for OWI 1st citation for Operating Too Fast for Conditions. Prior to the stop the officer observed MCFARLAND drive his vehicle into a snow bank on Durand Ave.
- On 2/6/2014 at 2:30 am (14-3276) an officer was eastbound on STH 20 upon observing a vehicle running with two occupants in the ditch near Oakes Rd. The driver was identified as LISA BAKER, 49 from Sturtevant. Prior to this observation it was discovered that BAKER was eastbound on STH 20, lost control on the snow covered road, flipped her car one time upside down and it came to a rest right side up in a ditch. BAKER received municipal citations for OWI 1st Offense $874.00, and for operating a vehicle without insurance $218.50
DISORDERLY CONDUCT (DC) / BATTERY
- On 02/02/2014 at 12:35 am (14-2852) Officers responded to the 3400 block of Illinois St. after receiving a report that a male resident was assaulting another male resident with a knife. Officers did recover a knife from the scene. The younger family member did sustain some injuries as a result of the incident. Officers arrested JAMES WALKER, 40 from Racine. WALKER has been criminally charged with DC, Reckless Endanger Safety and two Felony Bail Jumping charges. He was taken to jail.
- On 01/30/2014 at 11:44 am (14-2602) an employee of Racine Toyota, of Racine Toyota, located at 6801 Washington Ave, drove a new 2013 red 2 Dr, Toyota Scion off the lot. He was identified as AUSTIN ISHMAN 19 from Mt. Pleasant. An officer took a stolen vehicle report. A few hours later a customer notified the dealership that one of their vehicles (the stolen vehicle) was driving recklessly. At 4:52 pm ISHMAN did return the vehicle. He claimed his shift started at 5:00 pm. The stolen vehicle was not damaged however the car that once had 13 miles on it now had 90 miles. It also contained an odor of smoke. ISHMAN did not have permission to take the vehicle. He was arrested and then received a $691.00 municipal citation for Operating Motor Vehicle Without Owner’s Consent before he was released.
- On 01/30/2014 at 11:10 pm (14-2646) an officer stopped a vehicle for defective muffler and no lights on license plate. A marijuana pipe was discovered in the vehicle. The driver, MATTHEW A GALATI, 22 from Kenosha received a $177.00 municipal citation for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. He was warned for the other violations mentioned.