We need your help.
Readership of local news outlets has reached record highs. But because of COVID-19, advertising has plummeted, and readers aren’t subscribing fast enough to fill the void. #SupportLocalNews by donating today.
Portions of Highway 32 (Douglas Avenue) from Gould to State street are under construction until late November, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
This will make getting downtown a little dicey for those who normally use this route. To make it easier to navigate, we’ll be updating this page over the next several months.
Here’s what to expect:
- During construction, Douglas Avenue will be limited to southbound traffic only. Northbound traffic will be detoured around construction via Main Street and Goold Street – or – via WIS 38 and Memorial Drive. Southbound traffic will stay on Douglas Avenue and be detoured down to State Street.
- The 0.2-mile east/west segment of Hamilton Street will be closed between Douglas Avenue and Main Street.
- Construction activities will be completed in four stages.
- Bus routes will be detoured.
- Reconstruct approximately one mile of Douglas Avenue (WIS 32) from Goold Street to Hamilton Street
- Reconstruct approximately 0.2 miles of Hamilton Street (WIS 32) from Douglas Avenue to Main Street.
- New sidewalks
- Updated bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
Douglas Avenue Businesses open for business
A number of area businesses are also offering special deals to customers. So check back often.