Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.
We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 12th from noon to 2 p.m. for Downtown Racine’s first-ever Candy Crawl. Bring your little monsters, princesses and Minions for a free trick-or-treating event. Forty participating Downtown businesses will be passing out treats.
Trick-or-treating bags and Candy Crawl maps will be given out at the Downtown Racine Office on 425 Main Street. Kids will receive stickers from every participating Candy Crawl business to put on their maps. If they visit over 20 businesses and bring back their map to the DRC office, they will be entered to win 1 of 5 kid’s prize packs. Maps must be returned to the DRC office by 4 p.m. on the day of the event.
“We are excited to offer a new family friendly event in Downtown which will showcase our amazing shops, galleries and restaurants along with the 17 new businesses that have opened in 2019,” said Kelly Kruse, Executive Director of the Downtown Racine Corporation.
The Candy Crawl will happen before the Monument Mash, which starts at 2 p.m. on Monument Square. Monument Mash will include a pumpkin carving contest, kid’s games, refreshments, music and children’s costume contest.
The participating locations are as follows:
- Abrezo – 321 Main Street
- Art Metals – 332 Main Street
- Artist Gallery – 401 Main Street
- As Time Goes By – 223 6th Street
- Carriage House – 220 State Street
- CBD American Shaman – 305 Main Street
- Dewey’s – 600 Main Street
- Divino Gelato – 245 Main Street
- Dover Flag & Map – 323 Main Street
- Downtown Racine Corporation – 425 Main Street
- Egg Plant Café – 240B Main Street
- Indian Motorcycle of Racine – 522 6th Street
- Joey’s Yardarm – 920 Erie Street
- Lakeview Pharmacy – 516 Monument Square
- Lighthouse Gifts & Gallery – 306 Main Street
- Long Shot Vinyl – 324 6th Street
- Lornacopia – 310 6th Street
- Maple Table – 236 Main Street
- Marci’s on Main – 236 Main Street
- McCauliffe’s – 213 6th Street
- Nest Playspace – 505 6th Street
- Northern Lights Gallery – 423 Main Street
- Orange Thread Boutique – 210 3rd Street
- Pepi’s – 618 6th Street
- Plumb Gold – 311 Main Street
- Plush – 409 Main Street
- Pub on Wisconsin – 525 Wisconsin Avenue
- Racine Art Museum – 441 Main Street
- Racine Brewing Co. – 303 Main Street
- Racine Heritage Museum – 701 Main Street
- Red Onion – 555 Main Street
- RG Natural Babies – 430 Main Street
- Roberta – 322 6th Street
- Tangles – 304 Main Street
- The Ivanhoe – 231 Main Street
- The Nash – 522 6th Street
- The Roost – 600 6th Street
- Uncorkt – 240 Main Street
- OS Projects Gallery – 601 6th Street
Downtown Racine Corporation is a non-profit whose mission is to foster economic, social and cultural diversity by stimulating business development, programming events and marketing downtown to the community, developers and tourists.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/