… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Deck the halls because downtown Racine is hosting the annual Holiday Open House on Saturday. Stores will be open all day and will feature deals on this special occasion. There will also be holiday caroling from local singing groups. And don’t forget to vote for the best holiday window decorated store as you peruse the offerings on this special day. Don’t worry about parking because on Saturday all metered parking will be free.
To listen to some delightful caroling, stop into one of these shops:
- 9 am – 9:45 am | Red Onion Cafe (555 Main St.) | Park High School Choir
- 10:15 am – 10:45 am | Dimple’s Imports (416 Main St.) | Park High School Choir
- 1 pm – 1:30 pm | Divino Gelato Cafe (245 Main St.) | Alahna Rae
- 2 pm – 2:30 pm | Uncorkt (240 Main St.) | Alahna Rae
- 3 pm – 3:30 pm | Racine Brewing Company (303 Main St.) | Case High School Choir
Also, for the first time, there will be a Kris ‘Kringle’ Tour this year. Twenty-two locations downtown will be giving away free samples of various flavors of Kringle. Here are the participating shops:
- The Ivanhoe Pub & Eatery – 231 Main St.
- Uncorkt – 240 Main St.
- Orange Thread Collection – 210 3rd St.
- Racine Brewing Company – 303 Main St.
- Tangles Salon Studio – 304 Main St.
- Lighthouse Gallery & Gifts – 306 Main St.
- Plumb Gold – 322 Main St.
- Sheabrojae’s Natural Expressions – 330 Main St.
- Cosmic Corner – 335 Main St.
- Dimple’s Imports – 416 Main St.
- Northern Lights Gallery – 423 Main St.
- RG Natural Babies – 430 Main St.
- Racine Art Museum – 441 Main St.
- Dewey’s Restaurant & Sports Bar – 600 Main St.
- Sugar Shack Sweet Shoppe – 530 Monument Square
- Pub on Wisconsin – 525 Wisconsin Ave.
- As Time Goes By Antiques – 223 6th St.
- Lornacopia – 310 6th St.
- Indian Motorcycle of Racine – 522 6th St.
- The Nash – 522 6th St.
- Roberts Roost – 600 6th St.
- Pepi’s Pub & Grill – 618 6th St.
You can pick up a punch card at any participating location. If 10 or more locations have been punched, you will receive a $5 Downtown Racine Gift Certificate. Punch all 22 locations and you will be entered for a chance to win a Downtown Racine Prize Pack worth over $100.
If you get hungry for something besides kringle, stop into one of the many excellent restaurants downtown. You’ll be eating some great food all the while supporting area businesses.
For more information on this open house and what it features, visit racinedowntown.com.