… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Here’s the voter information you’ll need to cast your ballot for the spring election on Tuesday for Mount Pleasant and Sturtevant.
- Sample Ballot: To see a sample ballot, go to the state’s My Vote Wisconsin website and enter your address.
- Polling locations: Your specific polling location can be found on the My Vote Wisconsin site. Or you can visit Mount Pleasant’s website for a list of all polling places in the village. Sturtevant residents only cast ballots at Village Hall, 2801 89th Street.
- Voter ID: You will need to bring a proof of residence. For more information on the Voter ID law, visit the state’s election website.
On the Ballot
Mount Pleasant Village Board
Three positions are up for re-election for the village board — Gary Feest, Jerry Garski, Don Schulz – and five candidates: all three incumbents and Rick McCluskey and Anna Marie Clausen.
In Sturtevant, there are three seats open and three candidates on the ballot. Incumbents Jayme Hoffman and John Johnson are running for re-election. Trustee Linda Busha is stepping down after five terms on the board, but former Trustee Daryl Lynaugh is running again.
The term for each village board seat runs for two years.
Court of Appeals Judge
- Lisa S. Neubauer
Racine County Circuit Court Judge, Branch 7
This seat is a six-year term.
- Charles Constantine
Racine County Board
All 21 county board seats are up for grabs. Here’s who represents Mount Pleasant and Sturtevant:
Mount Pleasant (uncontested):
- Robert N. Miller
- Ronald Molnar
- Mark Gleason
- Katherine Buske
Racine Unified School Board (four seats)
Of the six candidates on the ballot for the Racine Unified School Board, the top three vote getters will fill three three-year board terms. The person with the fourth highest number of votes will serve a one-year term because that person would serve out the remainder of Gretchen Warner’s term. The position pays $3,600.
The candidates are:
- Pamala Handrow (I), of 1601 Grand Ave.
- Melvin Hargrove (I), of 4144 LaSalle St.
- Henry Perez, of 1017 Kentucky St.
- Jacqueline Pinager, of 1040 Villa St.
- Wally Rendon (I), of 833 Lombard Ave.
- Dennis Wiser (I), of 2517 Pinehurst Ave.