Answer: Wind Point, WI
How long have you lived in the community:
Answer: Almost 10 years
What position are you running for?*:
Answer: Racine County Supervisor, District 10
Have you ever held an elected office position before?* Yes or No
If so, what position(s) were you elected to?*:
Answer: Trustee, Village of Wind Point
In thinking about your election bid, what top three issues need to be addressed?*:
- Economic development: Ensuring that responsible growth benefits all parts of the County.
- Efficient and effective delivery of County services to residents.
- Planning for future needs: Positioning the County to be proactive.
How would you plan to address those issues?*:
- Economic development: Examine how economic development in one area of the County affects other areas in terms of transportation, housing, employment, health and recreation. Encourage County coordination across municipalities where appropriate.
- Efficient and effective delivery of County services to residents: Work to move the County forward in technology and in seeking innovation in providing services.
- Planning for future needs: Responsible budgeting and taking a long term view of financial decisions and investments.
In reference to those issues you have identified, what would success look like to you in making an impact?*:
- Economic development: Success would include growth that is thoughtful and employment opportunities and infrastructure that are not focused on just one project or one part of the County.
- Efficient and effective delivery of County services to residents: Success would include residents knowing what information is available and having improved services without increased costs.
- Planning for future needs: Success would include continued fiscal responsibility and strategic planning.
Why are those issues important to you?*:
Answer: Racine County, like many places, has its challenges both historic and new. At the same time, we also have some incredible opportunities to shape the County’s future and improve the places we live, work and raise our families. I’m running for County Supervisor to have a voice in those opportunities.
At the end of your term, what would you like to have accomplished?*:
Answer: I would like to be able to identify things that improved County residents’ lives even if in small ways, and to be able to point to well-thought out planning for the future.
Why should people vote for you?*:
Answer: I hope the voters of District 10 will consider me to be an informed representative with experience in different areas who looks ahead to the future and works to improve County life for all of us.
What is your educational background?*:
Answer: Bachelor’s degree from Haverford College (Haverford, PA) and law degree from Boston College Law School (Newton, MA)
What civic organizations do you belong to?
Answer: I am currently President of the University of Wisconsin-Parkside Foundation, a Trustee of the Village of Wind Point, and on the Leadership Council of my synagogue. In the past I have been on the Board of Directors of the Downtown Racine Corporation and the Racine County YMCA.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/