Racine Unified students are at it again; working to make our community a better place. Nine students were recently recognized by the RUSD Board of Education for their efforts.
The students who received the Peacemaker 2014 award are:
- Isaiah Trussell, REAL School
- Teahelahn Keithrafferty, Walden III
- Emily Romeril, Case High School
- Samuel Kohlmann, Case High School
- Trevor Jung, Case High School
- Lucero Rocha, Horlick
- Danielle Riedel, Park High School
- Luis Vega, John XXIII
- Anthony Ramirez, Focus on Community
Here is the criteria students have to meet:
- Organizing/leading peacemaking or diversity projects or activities
- Participating in peacemaking or diversity events or activities
- Learning about, demonstrating and modeling non-violent, peaceful alternatives
- Creatively engaging fellow students in peace awareness projects
The Racine County Peace Coalition, Educators Credit Union and Kiwanis Club of Racine help support this award.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/