No one was injured in a fire that happened at 11:34 a.m. Friday at Styberg Engineering, 1600 Goold St.
The fire started from heat treat processing in the northeast corner of the building, according to a press release by the Racine Fire Department.
Fire and rescue crews responded to a report of a “fire in a pipe.” When they arrived on the scene, employees directed them to the fire. They had managed to keep the fire in the heat treat ventilation system and evacuated the area. Firefighters inspected and extinguished the remaining fire on the roof.
This shut down the system until the company can make repairs.
The fire caused an estimated loss of $20,000.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/