No one was injured in a kitchen fire that happened Monday morning in a home at 2336 Bate St.

The homeowner told officials that he woke up to the sound of the smoke alarm going off. Leaving the home, he went to his neighbor’s house and called 911, according to a press release from the Racine Fire Department.

Fire and rescue personnel from the Racine Fire Department responded to find a fire with smoke coming out of the home. Contained to the kitchen, the fire was quickly put out. The fire caused damage to the kitchen and light smoke damage affected the rest of the home.

The damage is estimated at $4,000.

 

 

Love what we do?

In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/

Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for Patch.com, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.