The Downtown Racine Corporation is hosting free live music from a variety of genres on Monument Square every Friday and Saturday night all summer long.
Friday’s recurring concert series, Music on the Monument, is back for its 17th year with a brand new time, 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., from June 14 to August 30.
Saturday Sounds on the Square, which is entering its second year, takes place from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. every Saturday from June 15 to August 31 (no August 3 date).
Music on the Monument lineup:
- June 14: Yard Dogs – Blues/Rock
- June 21: Earthmother – Jam/Rock
- June 28: Matthew Haeffel – Contemporary Original
- July 5: Fourcast – Acoustic
- July 12: Touch of Gray – Classic Rock
- July 19: Sentinels – Classic Rock
- July 26: Final Approach – Classic Rock
- August 2: Ghosts in the Gravel – Acoustic
- August 9: Nick Ramsey and The Family – Poetic Funk
- August 16: Mesnard Location – Classic Rock
- August 23: High Stakes Band – Soul/R&B
- August 30: Lake Effect – Jazz
Saturday Sounds on the Square lineup:
- June 15: Yves Francois Rocambu Jazz – Jazz
- June 22: Dave Braun – Jazz
- June 29: BRB – Blues/Rock
- July 6: Jimmy LeRose Band – Rock
- July 13: Full Flavor – Latin/Classic Rock
- July 20: Veteran’s Outreach Day – Blues/Rock
- July 27: Chicken Grease – Soul/Funk
- August 10: Rocky Rose – Contemporary/Original
- August 17: Empty Bottle Boys and One Shot Jane – Country
- August 24: Bull Frog – Jam/Rock
- August 31: Squad 51 – Classic Rock
New to both events this year, Racine Brewing Company will be set up on Monument Square during each date selling craft beer and soda. Additional vendors will be set up as well over the course of the summer. Chairs will be provided. Dancing shoes will not.
“We are excited to be able to offer free live music. It’s a great opportunity for visitors and residents to explore downtown, go shopping and have dinner at one of our amazing restaurants.” – Kelly Kruse, DRC Executive Director.
In the event of heavy rain, concerts will be cancelled without a makeup date. Stay tuned on the Downtown Racine Facebook page for weather announcements. Parking can be found at the Lake Avenue Ramp, 300 Lake Avenue, and the McMynn Ramp, 120 7th Street, for only $2 all day. Metered street parking is also available.
For more information about Music on the Monument and Saturday Sounds on the Square, visit racinedowntown.com.