Story sponsored by LeCount Realty Group of Keller Williams Momentum
Racine County has been our hometown for over 30 years! LeCount Realty Group of Keller Williams Momentum has highly educated experts helping sellers and buyers with their real estate needs. We specialize in rural, urban, and lakefront properties west of the Interstate. Let us guide you in finding the perfect lot or a single-family home that’s just right for creating new memories. Experience the beauty of living in Racine – we will show you how!
Gateway Technical College will hold more online workshops for those interested in enrolling in the Promise 2 Finish program, which gives adults (23-plus years old) who have earned 12 or more college credits and have been out of college for at least two years the opportunity to finish their degree tuition-free.
For more information on the Promise 2 Finish program, visit www.gtc.edu/promise
Virtual workshops will be held at the following dates and times
- July 22: 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- August 4: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- August 13: 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- August 24: 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m..
To register for a virtual workshop, call (800) 247-7122.
Participation in a workshop is not required to enroll in the program, but Gateway staff will help participants learn about the requirements of the program and give them an opportunity to complete a free admission application.
Acceptance will be granted to the first 110 students who meet all of the eligibility requirements. To be eligible, students must:
- Be 23 years old or older by January 1, 2020
- Have earned at least 12 college credits with a cumulative 2.0 or higher GPA
- Have been out of college for at least two years (attended prior to Jan. 1, 2019), but have not earned an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Be a U.S. citizen or a national or permanent resident of the United States
- Live in the Gateway Technical College District
- Complete the Gateway application for admission and be admitted to an eligible academic program that meets federal and state financial aid eligibility requirements by Oct. 1, 2020
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and receive a financial award letter by Oct. 1, 2020
- Have an annual family earned income of $50,000 or less based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)