… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
Gateway Technical College will hold more online workshops for those interested in enrolling in the Promise 2 Finish program, which gives adults (23-plus years old) who have earned 12 or more college credits and have been out of college for at least two years the opportunity to finish their degree tuition-free.
For more information on the Promise 2 Finish program, visit www.gtc.edu/promise
Virtual workshops will be held at the following dates and times
- July 22: 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- August 4: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- August 13: 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- August 24: 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m..
To register for a virtual workshop, call (800) 247-7122.
Participation in a workshop is not required to enroll in the program, but Gateway staff will help participants learn about the requirements of the program and give them an opportunity to complete a free admission application.
Acceptance will be granted to the first 110 students who meet all of the eligibility requirements. To be eligible, students must:
- Be 23 years old or older by January 1, 2020
- Have earned at least 12 college credits with a cumulative 2.0 or higher GPA
- Have been out of college for at least two years (attended prior to Jan. 1, 2019), but have not earned an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Be a U.S. citizen or a national or permanent resident of the United States
- Live in the Gateway Technical College District
- Complete the Gateway application for admission and be admitted to an eligible academic program that meets federal and state financial aid eligibility requirements by Oct. 1, 2020
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and receive a financial award letter by Oct. 1, 2020
- Have an annual family earned income of $50,000 or less based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)